29 Faces - Face 4 - Me

I read somewhere that to practise faces it's a good idea to do lots of self-portraits. Got to be pretty hard to offend yourself... right?

I've had a photo in my scrap box  for ages that printed out badly and to big. So I stuck that down on one of my paint mop-up pages in  my journal. Then gessoed and painted over the top in acrylics.

Decidedly dodgy face. But still a face. If nothing else it hammers home my need to practise and draw every day. This is going to eventually have some kind of journalling around it about my love of paint (that's a paintbrush in my mouth - original photo here.)
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Start of a grungy Self Portrait journal page
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing  - Grungy Self Portrait  - Collage & Paint
Close up of dodginess
 Enjoying the process so far - it's certainly getting me thinking! Thanks for stopping by today :)

17 comments:

  1. What a great image for you to use, Carmen! I really like this technique, and yes, that is definitely a face (great background too!).

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty. The background is also gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're doing great (and way better than me, given any amount of trying!) I love the background too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how paint looks over a photo - you did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are really enjoying this. So glad you are able to spend some 'arty' time. All your 'faces' have been super and it is great that you have tried different styles.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is awesome! I love the original photo too :) wish I had the time to join in, actually I'm blaming lack of time, it's really lack of mojo, when I'm in the zone I can always find the time....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous stuff Carmen - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An enjoyable and quite different piece - this challenge is so good for something surprising happening just because of the pressure of creating a face every day. Very well done, and should be interesting to see the completed work sometime later.
    Having seen the original photo, I know that if by some magic I somehow was hoisted onto my desk like that, my only way of getting off would be to fall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carmen, you're gorgeous! i loved that photo the first time I saw it and now I love what you have done with it. It's "top" as we say round here

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like it and the idea. Another things to file away to try later. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great pose! Looks super, not dodgy at all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a briliant face, love it. So cute the brush in your mouth =)
    xx Monique #102

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this is fantastic ~ and I love the paintbrush!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your work is so inspiring!
    Thanks for sharing your talent with us.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the paintbrush in the mouth. The whole page looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this image...you look very sassy...love the page I have never done this technique successfully. I need to give it another go.

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...