Monday, 31 March 2014

Spoon Angel Swap

A while ago I signed up for the Spoon Angel swap over on UKScrappers. It was based on a project in the March issue of Craft Stamper magazine. The angels have started coming home now, so I can share...
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Spoon Angel Swap
Picture nabbed from the swap thread.
I was assigned Chrissie who wanted similar colours to me. Turquoise, Lime Green and maybe some Biscuit colours. So here's the angel I did for her. I had great fun going texture-tastic on the background.
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Mixed media spoon angel
Collaged papers and cardboards
Modelling paste
Stencils
Kaiser Colour, Reeves & Liquitex Acrylic paints
Neocolour ii crayons
Sennelier Oil Pastels
Uni ball & Posca pens
Gilding flakes
Perfect Pearls sprays
Some stamping on the wings
Chestnut Satin spray sealant
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Mixed media spoon angel
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Mixed media spoon angel
 I had a lot of fun making her and she's reached her new home now!
I reckon that she brings me up to number 10 on my 40Portraits too! Woohoo - quarter of the way there!

Here is the beautiful and very regal angel I recieved from my swap partner Mistyrat on UKS. She makes me think of the Alice in Wonderland stories - doesn't she look like she could have flown right out of the books? I just love that sunburst behind her - she's wonderful.
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Mixed media spoon angel by Mistyrat on UKS
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Mixed media spoon angel by Mistyrat on UKS
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing - Mixed media spoon angel by Mistyrat on UKS

Thanks for stopping by for a peep today :)

9 comments:

  1. Wow!! I love the idea and they came out so fantastically. So much gorgeous texture. Love those colours as well. Did you paint directly onto the spoon for the face?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natasha. I gessoed the spoon and then painted it :)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow!!! I so wish you'd forced my arm a little more to take part in this!!! AMAZING work from you both. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! They came out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I like these. You always have something interesting going on. You can find a good swap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds a really interesting and unusual swap, and the results are fabulous. Did you use a real spoon - it looks like it? Both your version and Mystyrat's are gorgeous, and I love your choice of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh. what fun that's been - love the one you made and also received - fabulous challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous work Carmen - really really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic swap - how unusual! Love both of these (particularly like the face you did on yours).

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...