Well look at me only posting a day late. Kids are on summer holidays now which means I'm already losing all track of what day it is - I actually thought it was Sunday.
It's that time of the week when we look back over the past seven days and think about what made us smile. What? You don't do that? Whyever not you crazy fool!
So, we were treated to another pretty cool sunset on Friday night, I think it was. So pretty...
We've been to a couple of car boot fairs over the past two days. My bargain was this framed Klimt print. Craig looked at me a bit strangely when I picked it up. I'm always after nice frames I can re-spray to house the bits of art I'm collecting. This one, the owners had painted thickly in emulsion and it was all over the glass. But it was the print which had caught my eye. I love Klimt. When we got home I took it apart to clean up - the glass cleaned up really easily and I sanded the emulsion down a bit. I am probably going to repaint it either black or gold. But the print is a really thick glossy one from a gallery. I was so chuffed. £2 it cost me!
A few weeks ago I won a giveaway on Derwent's Facebook page. Actually it was an offshoot to the giveaway they were doing - an extra prize draw if you shared their link to the actual giveaway. And I won one! It came today - a really nice sketching wallet. Pleased as punch - the girls are always 'borrowing' my drawing pencils and then they disappear into the vortex of the unknown - probably along with all the socks and biro's we lose too. These are going to be strictly mine!
I'm going to be the good and loving Mum now and say how happy I am that the girls are off school. For the long, long, loooong, long summer holidays...
Other things that have made me smile this week:
- Finishing the painting I was working on and the lovely response it's had both here and on Facebook.
- Feeling like I am getting the hang of Facebook. Finally.
- Knowing that one of my Wonky Cats was found on the Swindon Free Art Friday launch and sounds like he went to a great home.
- My sister and her partner popping in for a catch up and chat.
- Planet of the Apes - the newish film, not the 70's ones. I've never really fancied it but it was on the telly this week. We all sat and watched it together. Ended up really enjoying it. Devvie went to see the new one at the cinema last night so I shall be interested to know what she thought of that.
- Virtual window shopping on Amazon. Craig doesn't understand it. But I spend ages window shopping the books and art supplies, adding to my basket or wishlists. (Yes, wishlists, plural.) Pretending I have all the money in the world to stash shop. Then I close down my tablet and go to sleep. He thinks I'm bonkers. Maybe it is.
- Walking the dogs.
- Talking with Craig - proper good chats, while walking the dogs.
And that will do me. Fancy taking a look back on the things that made you smile this week? Why not drop by Virginia's and link up.
Thanks for stopping by today - how was your week?